Challenger App

No.1 PSC Learning App

★
★
★
★
★
1M+ Downloads

image.png

ABoth statement I and statement II are correct.

BStatement I is correct, while statement II is incorrect.

CStatement II is correct, while statement I is incorrect.

DNeither statement I nor statement II is correct.

Answer:

A. Both statement I and statement II are correct.

Read Explanation:

rain-bearing systems from the Bay of Bengal bring rainfall to the plains of North India, and Arabian Sea systems bring rain to the west coast of India. The monsoon approaches the landmass in two branches, the Arabian Sea branch and the Bay of Bengal branch. First originate in the Bay of Bengal causing rainfall over the plains of north India. Second is the Arabian Sea current of the southwest monsoon which brings rain to the west coast of India.


Related Questions:

The Season of Retreating Monsoon occurs during which of the following months in India?
മൺസൂണിൻ്റെ പിൻവാങ്ങൽ കാലം എന്നറിയപ്പെടുന്നത് :
ഭാരതീയ മൺസൂണിൻ്റെ തീവ്രതയും വ്യത്യാസവുമെന്താണ് നിർണ്ണയിക്കുന്നത്? താഴെപ്പറയുന്നവയിൽ ഏതാണ് ഏറ്റവും ഉചിതമായ വിശദീകരണം?
ഉത്തരമഹാസമതലത്തിലും പഞ്ചാബിലും ശൈത്യകാല വിളകൾക്ക് പ്രയോജന കരമായ ശൈത്യകാല മഴ ലഭിക്കുന്നതിന് കാരണമായ പ്രതിഭാസം
മൺസൂൺ എന്ന വാക്ക് ഏത് ഭാഷയിൽ നിന്ന് എടുത്തതാണ്?